A home away from home
Buttermilk Lodge is a warm and friendly home away from home. Purpose-built for modern comfort on a quiet and sheltered hillside, we’re just a 400 metre (5 minute) walk to Clifden Town, the capital of Connemara. You can park your car in our paved car park and walk to town.
Clifden has numerous pubs, (live music on most nights and every night from 6.30pm in summer time) excellent restaurants, cafés, shops, galleries and other attractions. Connemara, with its mountains, beaches and spectacular coastline, is an area of outstanding beauty that draws people to return again and again.
Buttermilk Lodge is registered with Fáilte Ireland as a 3-Star Guesthouse (similar in standards to a 3 Star Hotel). We have been listed in several guides (see our guest comments below) and have received numerous awards.
Our guesthouse offers:
• All the comforts of home: Hotel Standards at B&B prices!
• A smoke-free home
• Excellent freshly cooked breakfasts ( an extensive menu) and home baking
• Complimentary tea, coffee and homemade cake on arrival
• A computer for guests’ use with high speed internet access and printer
• WiFi broadband internet throughout the house
• Multi-channel TVs
• Ample parking and just a 5 minute walk to town
• Guest lounge with real turf fire, accessible to guests at all times, with complimentary tea & coffee facilities, original art, books, games, etc.
• Early breakfasts, packed lunches and laundry service all available
• Open February 14 to November 2, 2013
• Reasonable rates with special offers for 2 nights or more
Make Buttermilk Lodge your base while visiting Clifden or exploring Connemara. You’ll know you’ve found us when you see the old milk churns on the pillars!
Contact us today
Call +353 (0)95 21951 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or use our online booking form to book your holiday today.
For further information, please visit www.buttermilklodge.com
“Thousand thanks for guiding us to the top of Benlettery, we enjoyed the hike, the view was fantastic and you made us feel safe. Thanks a lot Patrick for your company and your time” – E. Schmitt & Co. , Germany (June)
“Thank you for making our 6 day stay so pleasurable. The Best B&B by far ! Terrific weather too!” – Peter & Helen Amos, Kent, England (April)
“Enjoyed it all, Thanks” – Sanders Familie, Eindhoven, Holland (April)
“Don’t wanna go home! See you soon” – Andrea Groter, Sch. Gmund, Germany (April)
“As always a warm, friendly, happy B&B, See you next year” – Darren & Sonia Houston, Newtownards, Northen Ireland (March)
“Fantastic!” – John & Leah Mc Clure, Texas, USA (February)